The last two months and few weeks especially have really brought out thought processes, strengths, worries and emotions that I have never really experienced before. At various times for both Kelly and myself, we have been high and low on every end of the emotional spectrum.
"For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.” Is. 41:13
You know how when you go through an amusement park, you get a map of all the rides and the park lay out? Here is the best map I can give you of the variety of emotions we have been feeling. Some our obvious and some just happen:
- For multiple children potentially coming
- How this will make our family dynamic so different
- The opportunity to influence children in the way God has called us to
- Are we equipped to walk these children through hurts, abandonment, etc
- What affect with this have on our boys
- Clothes, Food, College Educations, etc AHH!!!
- In knowing we have been called to this
- God wont give us anything we cant handle or that He hasn't equipped us for
- Not only are Kelly and I a great team, but the boys both have very special gifts to bring to the table in this
- Our hearts break for the kids and the life they have experienced
- Our hearts break for parents who are potentially losing their children
I could go on and on. It has been a very strengthening time for my relationship with Kelly. Every leans on certain things in life circumstances like this. We both have leaned very heavily on God, scripture, others praying for us, books, blogs and support groups for those in the same situation. If you find yourself in this situation, I highly suggest you find a compilation from the above and stay focused. Maybe you have found something else that helps you?