Health Care Reform
Random thoughts/questions on the Health Care reform; maybe you can answer some of the questions or have other thoughts.
• We have a health care problem in our country. I was surprised how angry I was about this bill at first and how really angry Conservatives were. The more I thought about it, the Republicans had 8 years to fix this their way and they never did. Shame on them.
• Where does the money come to pay for this? I saw today that Medicare payroll taxes are going up. Is that true? It looks like this might be another bill the middle class has to pay for. Answers please…..
• It disgusts me that we live in a world of political payoffs from BOTH parties with every bill. That is how we get things done I guess. Shame on them.
• We need to love the poor and help them, yet at the same time not enable them. When will this country become good at that?
• What is to keep my employer from providing me with Health Insurance? Is the fine for them not offering it big enough to keep them offering it? And let’s be real, I work at a church, if the fine isn’t that big, wouldn’t it be good stewardship for them to drop all of us? On second thought, if businesses drop insurance coverage, do you get the money in your paycheck that they were paying in health insurance? Well, the amount making up the difference of the fine?
• Am I the only person in America that just wishes we do a flat tax of fair tax?
• How does this affect my doctor visits, my waits for hospitals, etc? In what ways will this demotivate people from working hard? Will it?
• I have to see some polls on this, because we live in a Democratic country. If this is something the majority of the country want, then it is what it is, right? Majority wins – always. Whether we like it or not.
• Do you think that what Iraq became for Bush will become what Health Care is for Obama?
• I hope we all still give thanks and PRAY for our government leaders and this wonderful system we live in. Say what you want about it, but we still live in the best country there is.
• Lastly, without trying to sound like one of those corny Christians who says I put my faith in God, His values and His sacrifice for my life as something more important to me than the politics of this country or how my taxes may fall…..I am going to say, “I put my faith in God, His values and His sacrifice for my life as something more important to me than the politics of this country or how my taxes may fall”
What are your thoughts or questions? Better yet, can you answer any of mine?